Defining Art, I had often the bad habit of attributing divine connotations to it. Falling in love at the expense of objective research. Over time, I managed to adopt a more pragmatic, less unrealistic prospective: placing the artistic process in a broader mechanism, that of culture and human interaction. Art as the cause and consequence of every other aspects of society.
For me, a multidisciplinary approach is natural because of the messages and concepts versatility and the frenzy of time, that often require the adaptation of multiple techniques, the right configuration and the right measure.
Paolo Cotani used to tell me: “You don’t care how you do the work, you are interested in conveying your message”; and it is to this teaching that I had to combine the statute of the Monstrum collective, which I can summarize: “Art is the prodigy, the wonder, the revelation”.
Reassuming the research is based on the balance between Form and Concept.
The spectacularization, inherited from my link with the theater, is a prerequisite for binding the message, it is part of contemporary society.
You need a certain degree of honesty and depersonalization, this is the reason why you should hide your name and hide your face: There is no artist, there is only Art.
MAIN EXHINITIONS AND EVENTS
- 2022.12.15 – “Endless exhibition” – by Influx Gallery, Notting Hill – London, UK.
- 2022.09.10 – “Sinfonia dell’Arte” – Chiesa di San Michele Arcangelo, Sermoeta (LT).
- 2022.07.29 – Partecipation at the “Nitsch’s 6-DAY-PLAY (160ª action, 2ª version)” – Nitsch’s atelier in Prinzendorf an der Zaya, Autria.
- 2021.10.27 – “Parabellum” – Largo Venue’s Rumah hall, via Biordo Micheotti 2 in Rome, during the VI edition of Rome Art Week.
- 2021.09.02 – Partecipation at the itinerant collective artshow “Vita Nova” – between Rome (RM) and Fossanova (LT).
- 2021.07.15 – Partecipation at the art contemporary biennale “SAVE” – San Giacomo bastion, in Via Nazario Sauro 6, Brindisi (BR).
- 2021.07.17 – Partecipation at the itinerant collective artshow “Percorsi d’acqua”, starting from Avellino (AV).
- 2020.10.27 – Personal exhibition “Antropologika” – C.S. Brancaleone, in Via Levanna, Rome. During the V edition of Rome Art Week.
- 2019.10.22 – “22” – Micro Arti Visive, in Viale Mazzini 1, Rome. During IV edition of Rome Art Week.
- 2018.05.26 – Partecipation at the “Frankfurt Performance Festival” – Ost-Stern, Frankfurt an Mein, Germany.
- 2017.06.15 – Partecipation at the perfomance festival “Pietralarte” – organized by atelier Montez, for “Roman Summer” sponsored by the city of Roma Capitale in 2017.
- 2016.12.03 – “Persephone” – InCinque art gallery, Via Madonna dei Monti 69, and atelier Montez, in Rome.
- 2014.06.08 – “Pagine Aperte” II Edition – atelier Montez, in Via di Pietralata 147A, Rome.
- 2014.06.07 – “Art on move” art exchange Roma-Trieste – at atelier Martoriati, Trieste.
- 2014.01.25 – Charity auction “Artists for Philippines” – atelier Montez, in Via di Pietralata 147A, Rome.
- 2013.11.13 – “Made in Rome” – atelier Montez, in Via di Pietralata 147A, Rome.
- 2013.09.19 – “Abduction” – atelier Montez, in Via di Pietralata 147A, Rome.
- 2013.06.02 – “Artisti nel chiostro” – cloister of Basilica di San Giovanni Dei Genovesi, in Via Anicia 12, Rome.
- 2013.05.25 – “Tinte fresche” – Rhode Island School of Design, in Piazza Cenci 56, Rome.
- 2013.04.09 – “Monstrum” – SpazioTreB gallery by Alexander Bracci, in Via Bezzecca 3, Rome.
Marco Galletti “K” was born on the 28th of August 1987.
Graduated in art in 2005/2006, at IV Liceo Artistico Alessandro Caravillani in Rome. In high school he met the artist Paolo Aristi Cotani and worked as study assistant for two years.
In 2008 he enrolled in Rome’s Academy of Fine Arts, but he quit in 2013. In the meanwhile, he entered the Roman art scene, attending the Elettronica Art Café of Umberto Scrocca and Achille Bonito Oliva.
Later, K. became a founding member of the collective Monstrum and participated in art exhibitions such as:
- Mostrum, Space 3B by Alexander Bracci;
- Artisti nel chiostro, curated by Gino Taddei at the Cloister of the Basilica of San Giovanni dei Genovesi, with the partecipation of the 100 artists of Via Margutta;
- Abduction, Atelier Montez by Giorgio Capogrossi;
- Tinte Fresche, Rhode Island School of Design, curated by Baldo Diodato and Helen Driscol.
When Mostrum broke up, K started his collaboration with Atelier Montez, participating in Made in Rome, curated by Manuela Van Vannozzi, the charity auction Artists for Philippines (for the victims killed by the typhoon which devastated Philippines in 2013) and the second edition of the exhibition Pagine Aperte by Cristiano Quagliozzi.
In 2016 he conceived and directed Persephone, a project that started as a huge exhibition dislocated in two locations: Spazio Incinque and Atelier Montez, both in Rome. The success of the exhibition suggested to shuffle Persephone into an audio-video work, realized in partnership with the performing duo NiDuo; by Francesca Zavattaro and Antonio Cicerone.
Later, K. conceived a third act for the performance, called Return to the Goddess, with the dancer Manuela Cirfera. The third act of Persephone has been presented at the Pietralarte Festival 2017, during the Estate Romana.
Since 2018, Marco Galletti is a member A.C. Montez&’s CDO as Production Director. He participated in artistic and performative projects with his colleague Gio Montez, like the Frankfurt Performance Festival curated by Dirk Baumanns, Juan Xu and Fanziska Eissner.
In October 2019, for the third edition of Rome Art Week, K. presented a personal interpretation of the original deck of Tarots in a solo exhibition “22” at MICRO Arti Visive in Rome, curated by Marcella Magaletti as part of the project “Carta Canta” by Paola Valori.
In 2020, he participates again to the Rome Art Week with “Antropologika“, at the C.S. Brancaleone: a personal art show that aims to exasperate the dystopian vision of the present and accentuate its criticalities. At the same time, a social experiment linked to it has been conducted, which culminated in the production of the medium-length film broadcast on October 26, 2020 on social networks, in collaboration with the director Maurizio Rodio and the scenographer Francesco Paolo Cipullo.